Monday, September 29, 2008

Paradiplomacy in Action!

I gotta apologyse, guys, for not writing in a while. I know I still need to update the blog with all I have done since I stopped writing (June 07) and with all the cities I have been since then, which are basically: Nice (updated!), Ulm, Belo Horizonte, Ouro Preto, Barbacena, Nice again, Turin, Belo Horizonte again, Rio de Janeiro, Turin and Nice again, Venice, Gardaland (amusement park!), and a few cities in Egypt.

My plans are to start posting all that on here as soon as I am done with my graduation thesis which is about Paradiplomacy - the insertion of subnational units in the International Relations' arena!

It's a bit too much multidisciplinary because I start talking about Paradiplomacy in the brazilian jurisdiction, then I start the second chapter saying discussing what factors lead this new actors towards the international scenarium and how this can be considered an instrument of Public Policies, and I end up with a case of the relations between the state of Minas Gerais and the Region of Piemonte, in Italy, and what they have reached so far, which are mainly gains of Human Capital and Technology Inovations. And finaly I enter the economics arena to discuss the importance of these two items (human capital and technology) for the social developement and economical growth!

Geez! Suddenly I see my thesis include: law, international relations, public policies and economics! lol Well being very optimist, I intend to have it finished within one week and then I will have more time for blogging.... :)

All right, let me now get back to Solow's Model of Economic Growth!!!!


PS: By the way, many of the books about Paradiplomacy and lots of other great works can be found at http://books.google.com/
Great books on paradiplomacy I found there are:
Paradiplomacy in Action, by Michael Keating and Francisco Aldecoa (eds)
Federalism and International Relations, by J. Michelmann, Panayotis Soldatos (eds)
and many others.... the only problem is that all the good works on paradiplomacy are from the 90's and practically there has been nothing new in the 21st century.

5 comments:

Grace said...

Hi Lorrie, i just decided to visit back those who have visited my blog and say "how is life doing lately?"

Niar said...

hi loorie
I support you to write about paradiplomacy...
I really happy to know what your activity now..I means, your activity can develop your mind..
Im a freshgraduate and I have not get a job yet. I hope that I can work in the non governmental organizations, espesially in humanitarian aids. but it rather difficult to achieve ^_^
but I want endeavor in order to can work there...
keep enthusiastic lorrie..
I waiting your writing bout paradiplomacy

Unknown said...

O que vc podia postar no seu blo: dicas para as pessoas seguirem rumo se aventurando.

Tipo, descreva os passos que você teve que seguir para cada uma de suas viagens se concretizarem.

:) Ajudaria muito a planejar minhas férias!

Unknown said...

Ei Lorena!

Fofoquei sobre seu blog neste post meu:

http://quatroventos.wordpress.com/2008/10/01/00-2/

Comece a frenqüentar meu Quatro Ventos! Vou tentar postar mais vezes! Bjos

Grace said...

oh, i'm glad you're back. I've been checking on your regularly. :)